X-RAYS

Basic Concept Of X-Rays

1.X-rays are also known as Roentgen rays.
2.production of x-rays is inverse phenomenon of photoelectric effect.
3.x-rays are electromagnetic waves of wavelength 1A°-100A°.
4.x-rays aren't deflected by electric &magnetic field .
5.x-rays of smaller wavelength are called hard x-rays.
6.coolidge tube is used to produce x-rays.
7.PRODUCTION OF X-RAYS IS AN ATOMIC PHENOMENON WHILE OF GAMA RAYS IS A NUCLEAR PHENOMENON.
8.x-rays are produced when fast moving electrons strike a target of high melting point & high atomic weight (like tungesten,platinum etc).
9.Only about 1%of incident electrons energy is converted into x-rays & the remaining 99% into heat.
10.intensity of x-rays is measured by ionisation chamber.
11.x-rays can't be used in RADAR because x-rays aren't reflected by metals.
12.X-rays can cause P.E effect & ionization of atoms.
13.H-atom can't emit x-rays as its energy levels are too close to each other.
14.If x-rays are passed through successive aluminium sheets,their hardness remains unchanged.
15.The energy & penetrating power of x-rays depend on potential difference across the filament & target .
#Uses of X-rays
1.To investigate structure of crystals.
2To detect cracks & flaws in metal casting.


Previous Post Next Post